Six Blades Jiu Jitsu Denver
Little Champs (5-7 Years Old)
The curriculum includes fun games and interactive drills that teach basic Jiu Jitsu movements and beginner techniques, ensuring a strong foundation and better understanding of our art, while maintaining his/her interest and keeping it enjoyable for your youngster. Instructors also promote and reinforce strong core values through simple and easy-to-follow methods.
- Jiu Jitsu involves various movements and exercises that enhance overall physical fitness. It helps children develop strength, flexibility, coordination, and cardiovascular endurance.
Discipline and Focus:
- Jiu Jitsu requires concentration and discipline. Children learn to follow instructions, stay focused on the task at hand, and develop self-control, which can positively impact other areas of their lives.
- Jiu Jitsu is often referred to as physical chess. It teaches children to think strategically, anticipate their opponent’s moves, and develop problem-solving skills in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Training in a Jiu Jitsu class promotes social interaction and teamwork. Children learn to respect their training partners, follow rules, and work together toward common goals, fostering positive social skills.
- As children achieve new skills and overcome challenges in Jiu Jitsu, their self-confidence grows. This newfound confidence can extend beyond the mat and positively impact their approach to other activities and challenges in life.
Respect and Sportsmanship:
- Jiu Jitsu emphasizes respect for instructors, training partners, and opponents. Children learn the importance of good sportsmanship, including how to win and lose graciously, which is a valuable life lesson.
- While the primary focus is on sport and recreation, Jiu Jitsu also equips children with basic self-defense skills. This knowledge can empower them and provide a sense of security.
- Jiu Jitsu training helps children manage their emotions, cope with stress, and stay calm under pressure. Learning to control their reactions during training can positively impact their emotional well-being in various situations.
Healthy Lifestyle Habits:
- Jiu Jitsu encourages a healthy lifestyle, including proper nutrition, hydration, and regular exercise. Instilling these habits at a young age can contribute to a lifetime of well-being.
Fun and Enjoyment:
- Most importantly, Jiu Jitsu for young children is designed to be fun. It keeps them engaged and excited about physical activity, laying the foundation for a lifelong love of fitness and movement.